Have you been wanting to organize your home but you just don’t know where to start? Well now that it’s a new year, it’s the perfect time to begin a new routine. Created by home organization YouTube star Nikki Boyd, author of Beautifully Organized (more than 170,000 copies sold), this card deck gives you one small thing to organize in your home each week of the year. What would typically seem overwhelming and time-consuming is now made simple and efficient!
Keep reading to find out about:
- How to begin decluttering your home
- How a 52-card deck could change your life for the better
- The health benefits of living in an organized space
- The importance of maintenance & enjoying the journey
Now let’s do a deep dive into this deck so that you know what you’re getting yourself into.
Anyone who's ever tried to organize their home knows one of the hardest things to do is figure out where to begin. This prompts a never-ending cycle of wanting to organize your home but never actually starting to. Thankfully, this Beautifully Organized in 52 Weeks card deck does the thinking for you, so let’s get started!
The deck includes 52 cards with detailed instructions on each one, telling you what to organize and how to do it.
Examples of weekly tasks include:
- Collecting and sorting the piles of paper clutter
- Decluttering those crazy kitchen drawers
- Organizing your toolbox
- Categorizing your pantry and removing expired food
- Simplifying your medicine cabinet
For anyone looking to declutter their home and make it feel like a brand new and organized space, this is the perfect solution. This is why it’s considered one of the best gifts for new homeowners or busy parents. It proves that a beautiful, functional, and organized home is just one-task-per-week away.
Now let’s talk about the benefits of living in an organized space. Research suggests that living in an organized home can have a number of physical, mental, and emotional benefits.
Some of these benefits include:
1. Increased productivity: A cluttered space can be distracting and make it difficult to focus, whereas an organized space allows you to find what you need quickly and efficiently, leading to increased productivity.
2. Improved mental health: A cluttered environment can contribute to feelings of stress and anxiety, while an organized space can promote feelings of calm and relaxation.
3. Better physical health: An organized home can make it easier to keep track of important items, such as medications, and can also make it easier to clean and maintain a healthy living environment.
4. Enhanced creativity: A cluttered space can be overwhelming and hinder creativity, while an organized space can provide a sense of clarity and allow for more creative thinking.
5. Improved sleep: A cluttered bedroom can be a source of stress and make it difficult to relax, leading to poor sleep. An organized bedroom can create a sense of calm and promote better sleep.
We hope you now understand why decluttering your home can bring about so many positive changes. This is why it’s the perfect new year’s resolution to have! One of the most important things to do once you are done with the home organization process is to maintain your living space. This means putting things back exactly where they came from. In turn, this will help you get the most out of the benefits listed above.
Most of all, enjoy the journey of organizing your home! It is one of the most rewarding feelings once you’ve completed the process and don’t forget, you have the help of best-selling author Nikki Boyd, a professional organizer. This is a new year, so it’s time to be the new you.