Dogs have long been known as man's best friend, and it's easy to see why. These loyal, loving creatures bring so much joy and happiness into our lives, and they are always there for us, no matter what.
Keep reading to find out about:
- Benefits of having a dog
- Re-defining Valentine’s Day
- How to document your puppy’s adventures
- Best dog breeds to get and why
- Appreciating your furry friend
But why is puppy love often seen as being more important than a significant other? Here are a few reasons why dogs make the perfect companion:
1. Dogs are always loyal: Unlike human relationships, which can be complex and unpredictable, a dog's love is unwavering and unconditional. They will always be there for you, no matter what, and their loyalty is a constant.
2. Dogs are non-judgmental: Unlike people, dogs don't judge you based on your appearance, your job, or your social status. They love you for who you are, and they don't care about anything else.
3. Dogs are therapeutic: Studies have shown that spending time with a dog can have numerous therapeutic benefits, including reduced stress and anxiety, lower blood pressure, and even improved mental health.
If you’re alone this Valentine’s Day, don’t sweat it. About half of America’s population is single on this dreadful holiday. This is why we’re reclaiming Valentine’s Day and redefining it as a time we dedicate to our pups to show them just how much we appreciate their companionship. Isn’t it nice knowing they’ll never cheat on you? Unless of course…a stranger is holding a treat, but I think that’s a forgivable offense.
As part of our efforts to overthrow the original definition of Valentine’s Day, we found the perfect gift idea for either yourself or a loved one: a book called Puppy Love. It’s essentially a scrapbook & journal all in one, to document your pup’s life adventures.
Sections included in the book:
- Before the First Bark: What was life even like before you?
- Love at First Lick: All about the day we met
- Best Dog Ever: Everything there is to know about you
- Bone Sweet Bone: Adjusting to life in your new home
- Barking Up the Family Tree: Your human and four-legged fam
- Look at the Size of Those Paws!: A height/weight growth chart
- Your Pawsinality: Discovering all your cute qualities and quirks
- Chewing Chronicles: All my attempts to train you
- Tail Waggers: Our adventures together
- The Bark Side: Your mischief and mayhem
- Hot Dog: Your greatest achievements
- Quite Fetching: Compliments people give you
- Howlidays: Birthdays, Halloween costumes, and other celebrations
- Together Fur-Ever: How you’ve changed my life
If you treat your dogs like children, then this is the perfect journal for you! If you don’t have a dog yet and you’re reading this, I hope it inspires you to get one. Life is significantly better with a puppy by your side.
If you need advice on what dog breeds to look into, here are our top 5:
1. Husky - they are loyal and have very unique personalities
2. Labradoodle - the perfect combo between smart and friendly
3. French Bulldog - they’re weird and make funny noises
4. Golden Retriever - the ultimate family dog
5. German Shepherd - they’re highly trainable and make great guard dogs
Listen, we understand the hype around Valentine’s Day for those who are in relationships. We’re just here to make those who aren’t, feel a little less alone while scrolling through thousands of “couple goals” photos on social media. So instead of being sad about what you don’t have, focus on what you do have and give some love to the ones who never leave your side (aka, your puppy). They may not be able to solve all of your problems, but their love and loyalty will go a long way in helping you feel better. Happy Valentine’s Day!