Meaningful Conversations with My Grandparents
- About the author
By Korie Herold
Deepen your family’s relationship with your grandparents using this beautiful deck of conversation cards.
These conversation starters will help your family spark discussions with your grandmother or grandfather about their favorite memories and wisdom they’ve gained over the years. If you’re eager to learn more about their lives and experience, but don’t know where to begin, this deck will help you ignite the conversation. Thoughtfully designed by bestselling author Korie Herold, Meaningful Conversations with My Grandparents is the perfect gift for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, or any time of year. It’s also designed to look beautiful on a dining table or coffee table even when not in use.
Sections and writing prompts include:
• Early Childhood: What was your house like growing up? What were your favorite toys or playtime activities?
• School Years: What did you think you wanted to be when you grew up? What were you like as a teenager?
• Work and Travel: What was your first job? What family vacations do you remember the most?
• Love and Family: What’s your best relationship advice? How did you feel when you found out you were going to be a grandparent?
• Character and Values: What do you value most in life? What family values do you hope to pass down?
• Hypotheticals and Curiosities: What’s something you wish you had done differently? What’s the best advice you ever received?
Special features include:
• Elegant designed box with gold foil
• Gold foil and hand-drawn illustrations printed on matte paper and heavy cardstock
• Carefully-developed designs and prompts allow to you reflect and remember
“We are not taught how to have meaningful conversation,” says author Korie Herold. “That’s a skill gained over time, and it’s my mission to help you learn it.” The Meaningful Conversations with Grandparents deck can be used as a standalone item, or as a companion to the guided journals Grandma’s Story and Grandpa’s Story. Use the conversation cards to start discussions around the dinner table, and then if you’re so inclined, purchase one of the guided journals to document your grandparent’s answers as you go along.